With a unique retro-gaming style, 'Fail Safe' is a series of printable posters, award cards and activity ideas aimed at helping you to nurture a culture of learning through mistakes in your classroom. The fear of failure is something that will often stop students from attempting an answer in case they are wrong. Interestingly, though, they've never stopped playing a computer game in case they ran out of lives. We've tried to tap into their inherent understanding of what it means to learn from mistakes and improve things with this resource. To find out more about our thinking behind Fail Safe, you might like to read this blog post (which also features in the PDF): How to develop a fail safe classroom.
Amongst other things, 'Fail Safe' will show your students:
- - your classroom / school is a place where mistakes are OK
- - progress comes from learning from those mistakes
- - the need to take risks if they want to get to the next level
- - the value of resilience, determination and independence
It's a resource for anyone who wants to take some of the stigma out of "getting things wrong" and cultivate a classroom environment where learning through failure is valued. 'Fail Safe' is a 27-page PDF ebook and Powerpoint presentation. The PDF contains:
- - unique posters with a retro-gaming feel
- - activity ideas to help see mistakes for what they are (stepping stones to success)
- - reward cards to recognise resilience, progress, determination and independence
- - a simple four step approach (START-FAIL-EVALUATE-CHANGE) to learning from mistakes
Like what you see?
Fail Safe costs £9.50. You can download the zip file which contains the resource by clicking the button below which will send you to a secure PayPal checkout. Once payment for the £9.50 has been accepted, click the link that tells to go 'back to Sparky Teaching' (this bit's important!). You will be redirected to a page where you will be able to download the resource. We will also send you an e-mail containing a link to the download page. Remember to keep a copy of your receipt if you intend claiming the cost of your purchase from your school budget.
Would you rather we invoiced your school?
If you would prefer to pay by cheque via an invoice, click here and we'll sort one out. We'll email the links so you can download the resources straight away.
Looking for a special offer?
If you're a sparky-minded school and you want to place a bulk order, you might be better off getting The "Everything" Pack which includes SHINE! (and the rest of our downloads) and is a ridiculously good offer! We can invoice your school directly.