A revision aid for sparky schools.
Mathematips cards are our way of providing something to supplement your revision lessons and maths factsheets for students. As usual, your students are at the centre of what we do, so when designing these, our aim has been to get helpful methods, key words and definitions to stick. If they don't stick, there's no point to this resource.
So, how have we made them stick?
Hopefully by making the resource as visual as possible. The facts - with a design twist as an aide-memoire wherever possible. Here's what we mean...
So, how many maths tips do we manage to fit on two sides of a card 54 x 85mm? Here's what's featured:
- - prime, square and triangular numbers
- - factors and multiples
- - acute, obtuse and reflex angles
- - straight-line angles adding to 180 degrees
- - multiplying and dividing by 10, 100 and 1000
- - anti-clockwise and clockwise directions
- - the meanings of tri, quad, pent, hex and oct
- - mode, median and mean
- - more than / less than
- - decimal equivalents of 50%, 25% and 10% (as well as how to find 10% quickly)
- - perimeter and area (including l x w formula)
- - parallel lines, perpendicular, congruent
- - converting 12-hour times into 24-hour by adding 12
- - key words: sum of, product, difference between, how many __ in __?
These are the first in our TIPS series (the second are our Scientips cards). If there is enough demand, we'd like to produce more of these over time - designing more aimed at GCSE students perhaps (SOH CAH TOA triangles, BIDMAS etc!), a series for different topics in Maths, key words in English and coding terms. The possibilities are huge, but we're taking things one step at a time.
The idea is that these cards could supplement your current revision - giving you a starting point for class discussions and something to provide students with for the place they need it most, at home. When you receive your cards, we'll also send you a link so you can download a single-page PDF containing an explanation (and ideas) to accompany them. We can imagine schools using them with particular year groups or even (as we've seen with our Revision Ninja cards) for the whole school. If you are buying a large batch for your school, remember to take a copy of your PayPal receipt to claim the costs from your budget.
Printed on 400gsm silk coated card, the cards are 54x85mm. Here's the design:
Getting things printed is a new(ish) venture for us and we've sourced a printer who provides excellent quality. We want your students to get one of these and value it. The prices are as follows:
- - Batch of 30 cards = £10.50
- - Batch of 50 cards = £16.50
- - Batch of 100 cards = £28.00
- - Batch of 500 cards = £75.00
- - Batch of 1000 cards = £118.00
Postage and packaging is included in the price. If you want alternative amounts, get in touch and we'll give you a quote.
After choosing the amount you'd like below, you will be taken to a secure Paypal page to complete your purchase. We will need your full address to post the cards on to you. Remember to keep a copy of your receipt if you intend claiming the cost of your purchase from your school budget.
Would you rather we invoiced your school?
If you would prefer to pay by cheque via an invoice, click here and we'll sort one out.