A revision aid for sparky schools.
Scientips cards are our way of providing something to supplement your revision lessons and science factsheets for students. As usual, your students are at the centre of what we do, so when designing these, our aim has been to get helpful methods, key words and definitions to stick. If they don't stick, there's no point to this resource.
So, how have we made them stick?
Hopefully by making the resource as visual as possible. The facts - with a design twist as an aide-memoire wherever possible. Here's what we mean...
So, how many science tips do we manage to fit on two sides of a card 54 x 85mm? Here's what's featured:
- - osmosis (including the need for a semi-permeable membrane and a difference in concentration)
- - ionic bonding (electron transfer) and covalent bonding (electron sharing)
- - arrows in a food chain showing the flow of energy
- - ways heat energy is transferred (conduction, convection, radiation, evaporation) as well as the term insulation
- - the equation for photosynthesis
- - the symbol for reversible reactions
- - the MRS NERG mnemonic of remembering what all living things do
- - factors that can influence the rate of a reaction (temperature, concentration, surface area, pressure, light and adding a catalyst)
- - fusion v. fission
- - endothermic v. exothermic
- - key words: solution, solvent, solute
- - work = force x distance
- - atomic structure (including mass number and atomic number)
This is the second in our TIPS series (the first is our Mathematips cards). If there is enough demand, we'd like to produce more of these over time - designing more aimed at GCSE students perhaps (SOH CAH TOA triangles, BIDMAS etc!), a series for different topics in Maths, key words in English and coding terms. The possibilities are huge, but we're taking things one step at a time.
The idea is that these cards could supplement your current revision - giving you a starting point for class discussions and something to provide students with for the place they need it most, at home. When you receive your cards, we'll also send you a link so you can download a single-page PDF containing an explanation (and ideas) to accompany them. We can imagine schools using them with particular year groups or even (as we've seen with our Revision Ninja cards) for the whole school. If you are buying a large batch for your school, remember to take a copy of your PayPal receipt to claim the costs from your budget.
Printed on 400gsm silk coated card, the cards are 54x85mm. Here's the design:
Getting things printed is a new(ish) venture for us and we've sourced a printer who provides excellent quality. We want your students to get one of these and value it. The prices are as follows:
- - Batch of 30 cards = £10.50
- - Batch of 50 cards = £16.50
- - Batch of 100 cards = £28.00
- - Batch of 500 cards = £75.00
- - Batch of 1000 cards = £118.00
Postage and packaging is included in the price. If you want alternative amounts, get in touch and we'll give you a quote.
After choosing the amount you'd like below, you will be taken to a secure Paypal page to complete your purchase. We will need your full address to post the cards on to you. Remember to keep a copy of your receipt if you intend claiming the cost of your purchase from your school budget.
Would you rather we invoiced your school?
If you would prefer to pay by cheque via an invoice, click here and we'll sort one out.