First there was the text message where you had to say all you wanted to in 160 characters…
After that came Twitter, where you could only tell the world what you were doing with a measly 140 characters…
And now comes the ultimate challenge… Sparky Teaching’s Extremely Short Stories where we ask you to tell your tale using ten words (or less, if you think you’re up to it!) We’ll display all entries on our fantastic ten word story wall.
1. The longest your story can be is ten words.
2. Either come up with your own story or try and condense one of your favourite stories into ten words!
3. If you find your story is too long, try getting rid of some of the less-important words… Remember, it still has to make sense, though!
4. To submit your story, use the comments box below. Please remember to include the title if you have chosen to shrink a real story (just in case we don’t recognise it!)
5. Visit our ten word story wall to see your amazing ten word story displayed for the world to enjoy! You never know, a major publisher might see it and want to print it in tiny book form!
So, what are you waiting for? Fill in the comment form below with your story… We look forward to seeing your efforts!
Teachers: to download a printable worksheet, right-click here and save.
Our ten word story wall is now open!
Spread the word: Share